Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bad Week Number 2

This is only short but I felt I needed to write it.  I have been doing so well over the past few weeks.  Everything has felt right.  I was enjoying my job, I was happy in the environment, the clients were really kind (well, most of them) I was enjoying exploring the restaurants and the shopping malls in Riyadh.  I had found a decent cappuccino only one minute walk from the spa.  I felt like I was going to enjoy my year.  Then......Tuesday I had 6 classes back to back and went home feeling exhausted.  I eat, I sleep and don't wake till 9.45am ( my shift today is 11am to 9pm).  This amount of sleep is unusual for me so I know I must have been tired.
I check into work hoping that I will have an easy morning but halas (enough, in Arabic)!!!!! I already have clients booked into my first 3 classes.  I am not sure I can do this, I feel physically exhausted but I pull myself together and with the encouragement from the girls and little pep talk to myself, I decide just to get on with it.  I make it to lunch, I eat, rest and then at 4pm I go back to work.  I have clients booked into my last 4 classes!!! No rest!!  13 classes in two days????? I am not superhuman.  No one can do this in day in day out!!!! Usually we get a few gaps during the day and it is manageable but there has been no let up during the last two days.
I check my phone at 7pm and notice a text from Steven asking me to call him.  Something has happened, he never asks me to call him.  I know he has been ill recently but I know it wouldn't be that.  I quickly go back to the apartment where we have wifi.  I have 10 minutes before my next class starts.  I feel this can't wait till I finish at 9pm.
He sounds very quiet when he answers the phone.  What has happened?  What is wrong?  He tells me he can't talk for long as the dog warden is there and that two stray dogs had come onto the garden and attacked one of our cats and literally thrown it around like a rag doll.  He had cleared the dogs off, picked up the cat and run round to the vets that is on the next street to our house.  The cat had died......I didn't get time to speak to him any longer.  I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.  What am I doing here?  Why am I not at home with him, with my girls, my parents, my friends, the life I already have in Mansfield.  I cry so much.  I have to go back to work.  I say I will call him later and put on a brave face and continue with my last two classes.
After work I text the girls and ask if they have spoken to Steven and could they check he was ok.  He loved that cat, even though he was a stray and I continuously told him off in the beginning for feeding it and letting it in the house.  I know he felt like Simba was his little sidekick and his back up against all the girls that were in the house.  He was his company while I wasn't there.  He worried all the time about him.  If it was too cold for him to be outside at night, If he would be ok if he was late home from work and couldn't feed him.  I knew that he would be very very upset.  I text him when I finished work but from his reply I knew he didn't want to talk.  I feel so bad right now.  I should be at home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment