Wednesday 17 April 2013

How it all began

Let me take you back to September 2012.  Steven and I were on a cycling trip in the Yorkshire Dales and were staying at the local pub in a quaint little village called Kettlewell.  After a long day cycling we went to the bar to eat.  We sat next to an elderly couple who introduced themselves as John and Edna and spoke about what they were doing in the Dales and also about the 22 years they had spent in Saudi Arabia, John working for a company called Saudi Aramco and Edna working in a nursing school teaching student nurses from all over the world.  Steven and I listened intently to their story about their wonderful 22 years living in a British Compound in Dhahran.
My mind was full of this wonderful idea.  When we left this idea of living and working in another country (tax free) stayed with Steven and I even after our holiday had ended
I began researching the company but the only jobs that were available were for graduates which I fell far short of and even though Steven did not there were no jobs available in his field, so Saudi Arabia seemed to vanish into the ether.......or had it just hidden itself for a little while? 

No comments:

Post a Comment