Sunday 30 June 2013

Chiropractor Round 2

I went for my 2nd visit to the Chiropractor last night and almost (I did say almost) strangled the Receptionist.  The thing that is so apparent here is that most don't want or like work (none of us do but we still try and be polite, even when we are having an off day).  She is slouched in the chair wearing a white overall that is far from white, with coffee and lunch stains on it and she was chewing gum.
"Hi, I have an appointment with Dr Sohl at 7pm" I say....No response. She looks me up and down, chews her gum  and then leans forward to look at the computer screen.  "You need to pay 115 riyals (£20) that you owe us from last time"  I can see that it took her a lot of effort to lean forward and tell me this, maybe she has had a busy day!!  I show her my receipt from last time and explain that I paid my bill for last time.  The conversation goes back and forth until she tells me to speak to the Dr and let him inform her of whether I need to pay it or not.  I am told to go and sit down in the waiting room and the she turns to the Receptionist next to her and starts to call me!!!! (in Arabic).  I stand and look at her and just nod my head to acknowledge that I know she is calling me but she doesn't even flinch!!!!
So I sit in the waiting room.....half an hour passes and I start to become agitated as I have to be back at work to teach my last class at 8.10pm.  I get up and go to a Filipino nurse and ask her if she knows how long the Dr will be as I have to be back at work.  She checks the computer and informs me that the Receptionist has not booked in my arrival so the Dr doesn't even know I am here....."Take a deep breath (nafus.....breath in Arabic) she is not worth stressing over!!!!! sharmuta (look this one up for your self).  I can't believe her laziness and attitude, but like I say, I have experienced this so many times.  They are not interested, they are lazy, they are rude (this is not all people here, just 99% of people that are customer facing).  The Filipino nurse takes me back to Reception and I am told by the Receptionist that I have to pay the 115 riyals and then I can see the Dr.  I give her 150 as I have nothing smaller and she puts it in the top pocket of her not so white overall (I guess this is the till).  I ask her if I am getting any change, she ignores me and then picks up the phone and starts talking to someone obviously in another area of the hospital.  The Filipino nurse explains that I am in a hurry and to give me the change after I have seen the Dr!!!!!  I fell so uptight.  I purposely came early so I didn't feel rushed and now I feel 10 times worse than when I arrived.  I was literally in with Dr Sohl 7 minutes.  I am sure he didn't check everything properly as he was now also in a rush because I was in a rush!!!
I ask the Filipino nurse if she wouldn't mind coming to Reception with me as I may end up strangling the Receptionist.  My bill should be 200 riyals (£35).  The lovely Receptionist tells me its 335!!!!! I am counting to ten.....Warhad, ithnan, talatha, rrbar, hamsa.......I am inches away from her, would anyone notice if I gave her a quick poke in the eye?  The Filipino nurse then tells her to give me the correct change which she takes out of her dirty white overall pocket......I grab it from her hand and leave as quickly as possible!!!!
I don't think I want to experience this again so hopefully I can last now till I am home in August when my Dr Bond can put me back to together.  I know this is not England but for goodness sake, manners and a smile cost nothing.....

2 comments:

  1. Omg your patient I would flipped for sure what a bitch can you say that in Arabic.you would think they would stick together with the female race as the men treat them like second rate citizens.oooh Tanya did you give her a Bhopal tut !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep sharmuta is bitch!!!!!yep nearly gave her a left hook x

    ReplyDelete