Thursday 11 July 2013

Foot Loose

I wish my foot was loose.  I woke this morning unable to move my big toes.  Goodness knows why.  It didn't hurt last night and unless I'd been doing ballet in my sleep, could find no reason why.  Anyway, onward and upward.  I teach 2 spin, 1 swimming lesson, 1 body balance class a private session and it seems to hold out.  Hopefully it will feel better in the morning.......I spend the whole night tossing and turning the pain is so bad and it is spreading, now its even hurting under my foot, in my ankle and the side of my foot has swollen to 3 times the normal size.  I get up in the morning and can't even put my foot to the floor.  I get dressed and attempt to put my trainers on.....there is no way that this is going to happen unless I break my big toe or cut my trainers and I don't fancy doing either to be honest.  So I hobble off to work in my flip flops.  If I don't go to work, I don't get paid and will need a Drs note.  We still don't have medical insurance so there is no way I am paying to see a Dr for a note that says my foot is swollen when it is plain to see just by looking at it. I speak with Mona (Receptionist) and ask to cancel the classes which involve me jumping or having to wear my training shoe and keep the ones where I can just instruct....spin, abs, gym circuits.
May Anne goes off to the chemist to get me some anti-inflammatories and comes back with them and a course of antibiotics......this is the third lot of antibiotics in 3 months (note to self must get Steven to order me some probiotics when I get home to put some good bacteria back).  The chemist suggested to May that I take them in case it was a bite and there was some infection.  At this moment in time, I will take anything if it gets rid of the pain and gives me a normal size foot back.  Val kindly massages it for me.  I love these girls, not just today, obviously for taking care of me but everyday as we have become a little family and take care of each other.
Five days later........I have my foot back :).  No idea what caused it but I am back to wearing two shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment